This laboratory is committed to providing its members a safe and healthful work place. Therefore, it is important that lab members are knowledgable regarding the information on this page. By clicking on this sentence you can download a copy of UC Merced's safety training policy.
In an emergency, call 9-911 or 228-2677.
Here is a checklist for lab members before they start an experiment in the laboratory:
- Have you passed the basic training courses on laboratory safety offered at UC Merced? If not, please contact the UCM EH&S Specialist, Ms. Karen Smith (email@example.com), for the safety training schedule.
- Have you passed the safety training specific to the LiWang lab, and has this training been documented?
- Do you know how to handle a) spills of different types of chemicals, b) different types of fires, and c) different types of injuries?
- Have you read the material safety data sheets (MSDSs) for the chemicals you will be using in your experiment(s)? [For MSDS documents, go to http://jr.chemwatch.net/chemwatch.web/dashboard.]
- Have you read and signed the standard operating procedures (SOPs) for your experiment(s)?